Green Marine International
Green MARINE International
One of the best ways to help the environment is to make it profitable to do so. Therefore Green MARINE International works with businesses and industry rather than against to create win-win situations where everyone benefits including the environment.
Anyone can do it, but I don't know anyone else who could do it as professionally, or gain as much publicity for my business as Dave of Green MARINE International has. Alan King of Dick Whittington Charters using the Green MARINES.
Dave has the ability to bring people from all backgrounds together to achieve common goals - and he does so in a way that is enjoyable! Kerry Jarvis, Asst. Coordinator to Dave Lennon during the Ramsar Wetland Convention.
Left- Rob White - concrete form worker and Reef Ball construction manager.
Middle - Peter Vella, marine biologist and Initiator of the Reef Ball trail,
Right, Dave Lennon, President of Green Marine.
Monitoring Programs - innovative, effective and user friendly
- Grant funded programs including assistance with grant applications (eg. Coastcare, Fishcare)
- Community/volunteer/university based programs (design, training, project officer support)
- Artificial Reefs (impact statements, before and after - see artificial reef section below)
- Dive Centres (programs for profit and/or promotion)
- Underwater video monitoring for volunteer groups
Artificial Reefs - authorized Reef Ball contractor and monitoring for maximum benefits
- Only licensed contractor (Australia, NZ, and PNG) for the Reef Ball patented concrete AR modules. Durable, environmentally friendly and aesthetically pleasing.
- AR design, site selection and construction for snorkelling, diving, fishing, tourist submarine trails, glass bottom boats etc. - including assistance with application procedures.
- Octopus Gardens Research Project - world's first artificial houses specifically for octopus to help educate and entertain dive centre customers.
Sampling - extensive experience conducting the following from various platforms ranging from small inflatables to oil rigs and 60 m workboats.
- Water sampling for hydrocarbons, chlorophyll, plankton, turbidity, DO, salinity, temperature, redox, BOD, and pH.
- Benthic sampling for hydrocarbons, heavy metals, microalgae, infauna, grain size analysis, and redox.
- Physical oceanography measurements such as currents and wave heights.
- Fauna sampling - plankton net tows, otter trawls, long lines, beach seines.
Seabed mapping and characterisation experience
- Camera sled tows, bathymetric surveys, seabed analysis systems, diver surveys, drop cores, and grab sampling.
Green MARINES - professional eco-tour guides
- Professional Green MARINE tour guides for hire by tour operators, groups and resorts. Catchy name and track record make it beneficial for operators and resorts to advertise they have the 'Green MARINES'.
- Supply and/or training of personnel for tour guide purposes.
- Design and implementation of tours designed for maximum effectiveness and entertainment.
Custom tour programs - ideal for resorts within Australia and overseas
- The above capabilities enable innovative custom tour programs (land or water based) to be developed. A site assessment is conducted and an effective and innovative tour program then designed and implemented that ensures maximum benefits with available resources.
- Marine Habitat Enhancement Programs to bring marine life into areas for snorkelling, diving, glass bottom boats etc.
Publicity / Promotion - events, programs, products, businesses
- Media releases for newspapers, magazines, TV etc. guaranteed to create maximum awareness.
- Creation of unique and newsworthy events to create publicity.
- Marketing strategies for maximum effectiveness - the environment needs professional promotion!
- Presentation is everything! Development of corporate identity, eg. letterhead, report formats, uniforms etc.
Environmental event management - attention to the small details is what makes the difference.
- Training, coordination and rostering of volunteers or paid workers for small or large events, conferences, fairs etc. This aspect must be done well in order to ensure a successful event.
- Recruitment of volunteers or paid workers.
- Liaison with all parties, organisations, media, businesses etc involved.
Artwork / illustration / photography (incl. underwater)
- Artwork, illustration and photography for environmental tour programs, education centres, project conceptualisation, promotion, school activity sheets, children's stories, newsletters etc.
- Underwater photography including video for promotion, field guides, training programs, CD ROMS, or documentation of impacts, species etc. Creative script writing also available.
Equipment design and fabrication
- Sampling or monitoring equipment sourcing (within Australia and overseas), purchase, design, fabrication, and maintenance.
International experience and contacts
- Extensive experience of achieving results working with, and coordinating multinational teams.
- Work experience in the US, Saudi Arabia (including Gulf War Oil Spill), Cyprus and Australia.
- Network of international contacts to call upon for the expertise, information or product required.
Qualifications of Dave Lennon, Principal of Green MARINE International
- M.Sc. Environmental Management (Griffith, Aust.), B.Sc. Oceanographic Technology (F.I.T, US)
- PADI and ANDI (Nitrox) instructor (incl. gas blender and service tech.), Commercial Diver (US - air and mixed gas)
- Certificates - Response and Rehabilitation of Oil Affected Wildlife, Diesel Technician
Work conducted for: Shell, Chevron, Texaco, FPL nuclear power plant, (US), Saudi Govt. Research Inst. (Saudi Arabia), Cypriot Fisheries (Cyprus), Qld Dept. of Environment, Sinclair Knight Merz, WBM Oceanics, ECOS Consulting (Woodside Petroleum WA job), Australian Marine Conservation Society, Moreton Bay Marine Assoc., Griffith University, PADI International, and numerous small businesses, dive centres, clubs etc.
'Helping the Environment, while helping You'
Memorial Reef Possibilities
Allow your loved one to continue giving long after they are gone 'Rest In Reef' is a new service that allows you to purchase a unique memorial that is made of concrete and rests on the seabed - providing shelter and food for marine life for over 100 yrs, therefore giving something back to a resource we normally only take from. Rest In Reefs are made by adding plaques to modules made by a US patented mould system called 'Reef Balls' and are used extensively throughout the world for the construction of artificial reefs. The memorials are supplied by Green MARINE International and deployed by the Underwater Research Group of Qld (URGQ), a non-profit organisation working to enhance and understand the marine environment since 1954.
Helping the Environment, while helping You
Green MARINE International
Copyright ©1995, 1996, 1997 RBDG, Ltd. all rights reserved. See brochure page footer for information on patents, copyrights, trademarks and service marks referenced, but not indicated, on this page.